Artificial intelligence (AI) is beyond the hype cycle. The technology adoption during the pandemic was worth the watch.
With the economy going at an all-time low, enterprises were struggling to get back to businesses, looking for new routes toward efficiency. While organizations undergo furloughs and faced bandwidth crunches, AI proved to be the right solution to all these problems.
Looking at the pace at which AI and automation accelerate in the business world, AI strategists are underway to reshape business models. Some predictions worth knowing:
- By 2021, an abundance of job opportunities will be available for AI and machine learning specialists in domains like banking, fintech, healthcare, and public safety said Gus Walker, Director at Veritone (product department).
- By 2023, more than 13 million jobs will be available in robotics and cybersecurity, predicted Analytics Insight.
- The Analytics Insight report also says that the market for disruptive technologies will reach USD 1.9 billion in 2023.
Do you want to make a difference in your AI career this 2021?
If you’re interested to boost skills in AI and machine learning, we have just the right guide for you.
Here’s an elaborated list of the most recommended AI courses, certification programs, and online training curated by experts across the world.
1. AI for Everyone by Andrew Ng – Coursera
If you’re looking to boost skills while working in the AI field, this program might be your best bet. The program covers basic and crucial terminologies in AI, helps you spot problems in your organization while also providing the best solutions to solving them, and widens knowledge in topics like what AI can or cannot do.
This program is perfect for AI professionals looking to find a better perspective of technology in the business field.
- Teaches you how to work around sensitive topics like ethical AI.
- Get the opportunity to work with the best AI team and build the AI strategy for your organization.
- Helps build data science and machine learning projects.
- The course does not require a prerequisite, therefore, applicable for any aspiring AI professional having any level of experience.
Duration: 4 weeks/2 to 3 hrs weekly
2. AI Programming using Python – Udacity
The AI programming with Python engages applicants interested in learning the AI fundamentals. These include math (linear algebra, calculus), AI programming tools (PyTorch, NumPy, and Python), and core techniques of neural networks (backpropagation and gradient descent).
Your one-stop program to learn everything you absolutely need to know about building your own AI application.
- Learn the essentials of linear algebra – linear transformations, matrices, and vectors.
- Fundamentals of calculus – how to use the chain rule and how to plot derivatives.
- Introductory courses to Python programming – this includes automation scripts and drawing upon libraries and how easily you can solve them.
Duration:3 months/average 10 hrs per week
3. IBM’s AI Engineering Professional Certificate – Coursera
The IBM AI Engineering program encompasses six different courses with in-depth practical experience in machine learning and deep learning fundamentals. Besides practical offerings, the course also offers a clear understanding of both supervised and unsupervised machine learning concepts. The curriculum is developed by IBM’s faculty to help aspiring AI professionals grab the latest knowledge in AI. On completing the six courses by IBM, the applicant will then be rewarded with the professional certificate.
- Applications of TensorFlow in industry problems – NLP processes, text analytics, usage of multiple classifiers, and object recognition.
- Skills involving scaling data science and machine learning task using Apache Spark specifically for big data sets.
- Utilization of machine learning and deep learning libraries – PyTorch, ScikitLearn, and SciPy.
- Build, train or deploy multiple types of convolutional networks, deep architectures, autoencoders, and recurrent networks.
Duration: 3 months
4. Machine Learning Engineer – Udacity
The Udacity’s Machine Learning Engineer certification program equips the candidate with learning skills in advanced machine learning and algorithms. The program also teaches candidates how to package their machine learning models and deploy them eventually. Amazon SageMaker is used to help applicants gain expertise in deploying machine learning models while also evaluating its performance.
Not to mention, this program is ideal for students with machine learning knowledge.
In collaboration with Kaggle and Amazon Web Services, the Udacity program is perfect for those looking to advance machine learning skills the current industry seeks to hire.
- This program provides a capstone lesson where you get to choose the machine learning problem and solve it.
- You also get the opportunity to work with real-world tasks using machine learning.
- Easily acquires skills in fundamentals of software engineering wherein you’ll be writing production-level code while also practicing object-oriented programming.
Duration:3 months/average 10 hrs per week
5. Deep Learning by Andrew Ng – Coursera
The AI course by Andrew Ng is an ideal catch for professionals looking to get ahead of their peers in 2021. The learning program consists of five courses. You will cover topics like deep learning and learn how to build neural networks along with leading machine learning projects in the overall duration of the course.
Besides this, you get the added benefit of working with real-world case studies and practical experiences in Python concepts.
- Learn different techniques used for building models and solve real-world complex problems.
- Acquire extensive knowledge of RNNs, Dropout, BatchNorm, and convolutional networks.
- Gain the latest expert advice from world leaders and industry experts.
- Get to work on real-world case studies from different industries – music generation, healthcare, natural language processing, autonomous driving, and sign language reading.
Duration: 3 months/11 hrs per week
6. Intro to Machine Learning using PyTorch – Udacity
This certification is perfect for candidates with Python skills and those who have zero knowledge about machine learning.
The program provides a learning structure that includes supervised models, data cleaning, and machine learning algorithms. For every step, you also get the privilege to boost your skills with practical experience by making use of your skills for the project.
This ML program will keep you focused on your goal allowing you to learn from the best mentors and faculty working in the industry.
- Learning knowledge of network design that can be trained using PyTorch.
- This program teaches how to use supervised learning to construct a model.
- You also get to learn unsupervised learning methods for multiple types of problem domains.
Duration: 3 months/average 10 hrs per week
7. TensorFlow for Artificial Intelligence by deeplearning.ai – Coursera
An ideal certification for software developers with skills in coding and are looking forward to building a career in the AI field.
The classes help you keep up the pace by teaching you how to build scalable models that can be used to solve real-world problems, techniques in implementing principles related to machine learning using TensorFlow. On completion of the program, the applicant gets equipped with providing scalable solutions that can be used to solve complex problems in the organization.
- Applicable to any candidate having experience in Python programming.
- Helps build a basic neural network while you can also further train it to use in computer vision application.
- Practical application of using convolutions to augment neural networks.
- The mentor guides you by giving fundamental features using examples.
Duration: 4 weeks, 4 to 5 hours weekly
8. Intel® Edge AI for IoT Developers – Udacity
If you’re looking to accelerate the development of deep learning inference or high-performing computer vision, you need to perhaps use a tool kit like Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™. This toolkit is ideal to run the pre-trained machine learning models for computer vision that are already on-premise. This helps detect hardware like FPGA, CPU, integrated GPU, and VPU. The toolkit further uses the Intel®DevCloud for Edge to assess test model performance on the hardware.
This program is among the best of courses to provide you with the latest tool to become more impactful in the industry. Explore the highlights below and find yourself take your career to another level.
- Full learning exposure to Edge AI fundamentals using OpenVINO™.
- Gain extensive expertise in choosing the right hardware. Once identified, you can further use Intel® DevCloud for the Edge and make a test run and deploy.
- The program also teaches candidates how to optimize their application codes, models that help reduce inference time while the model is performing a test run.
Duration: 3 months/average 10 hrs per week
9. Artificial Intelligence A-Z™: Learn How To Build An AI– Udemy
In synchrony with machine learning, data science, and deep learning, Udemy offers a platform for those looking to build applications using AI.
- Understanding the fundamentals behind AI.
- Learn how to build AI.
- Help solve real-world problems using AI.
You may find multiple courses, certifications, and training programs online, however, make sure to choose the one that best suits your requirement.
Educational qualification is a good move; however, it is not a sure shot ticket toward employment, especially in the technology field.
Most employers believe in hiring candidates who can demonstrate skills, be able to handle projects, and solve real-world problems.
Therefore, if you’re looking to move careers, earn whopping salaries, or gain more job opportunities in AI then seeking a credible certification is worth the try.
Tech professionals who possess both certifications and experience are likely to be marketable in today’s competitive world.